Looking for a Personal Licence course in Stratford upon Avon? I deliver Personal Licence course in Stratford and surrounding areas. I can arrange a course just for you, at your premises, on a day to suit you. No more trying to locate a one-day course, often miles away, just call me, Johnny Walker on 07970 134 730.
When you make your Personal Licence application, you must provide proof that you have the right to work in the UK and are not subject to a condition preventing you from doing work relating to the licensable activity – this is applicable to all applicants, including those born in the UK. A photocopy of your UK passport will be fine.
A Personal Licence is valid until it is surrendered, suspended or forfeited – even if it has an expiry date on it. You do not need to renew a Personal Licence.
If you have any relevant offences, listed under Schedule 4 of the Licensing Act 2003, the chief officer of police for the area where the premises is situated believes that granting the application would undermine the crime prevention objective, they must inform licensing within 14 days. Your local licensing sub-committee will then hold a hearing to determine the notice given by the police.
If licensing do not receive a notice, your application is automatically approved. Licensing will send you a plastic card and a paper counterpart.
It is your responsibility to inform the Licensing Authority if you have been found guilty of a relevant criminal offence.
Topics covered on the one-day Personal Licence course:
- the roles, responsibilities and functions of licensing authorities within the framework of the licensing objectives
- the application process for a personal licence
- the role and legal responsibilities of the personal licence holder, and the penalties relating to failure to comply with the law
- the premises licence
- the content and purpose of operating schedules
- the role and duties of the designated premises supervisor (DPS)
- unauthorised licensable activities
- permitted temporary licensable activities
- rights of entry to licensed premises
- police powers with regard to suspension and closure of licensed premises
- the specific prohibitions for the sale of alcohol
- the strengths of alcoholic drinks, and the effects of alcohol on the human body
- the protection of children from harm
- the responsible retail sale of alcohol
Call Johnny Walker on 07970 1343 730 for details of how to obtain a Personal Licence without all the faff. My advice is always free and without obligation. Just ring.